The Gordon A. Cain Foundation, based in Houston, Texas, works to support non-profit organizations that provide valuable services and research through bi-yearly grants.
Proposal deadlines are April 1st for the spring and November 1st for the fall. Any proposals received after the deadline will be held for review at our next meeting. Proposals are reviewed by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees in May and December of each year.
Requests for funding should be submitted as a formal proposal. Please do not use presentation binders, report covers, display binders, or folders. The proposal should be concise, clearly written, and include the following:
- A detailed explanation of the purpose and objectives of the proposed project or activity.
- A brief history of the organization and those of whom it serves. Please include the community need for the project.
- A most recent audited financial statement, a current and itemized annual budget for your organization, and project budget if applicable. Please include the amount needed for the entire project and the amount of the grant you are requesting.
- A list of major sources of support, your staff description, and list of the Board of Trustees.
- The most recent copy of your organization’s 501(c)(3) tax-exempt letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- The description of an evaluation plan.
Letters of inquiry and proposals should be addressed to:
James D. Weaver, Chairman
The Gordon A. Cain Foundation
Eight Greenway Plaza East, Suite 606
Houston, Texas 77046
Please do not fax or email proposals. They will not be considered.
For more information, visit https://www.gordonacainfoundation.org/.