The Houston Business Journal recently announced its fifth-annual Most Admired CEO Awards, including 8 local nonprofit leaders.
The 45 local leaders were selected by a panel of judges who looked for characteristics such as contribution to company success, civic involvement, and career achievement. The honorees represent several of Houston’s prominent industries, with CEOs from energy companies, nonprofits, homebuilders, and real estate firms.
Honorees were celebrated at an awards luncheon earlier this month and are featured in a special section of the Houston Business Journal’s September 2 edition.
Nonprofit CEOs recognized include:
- Leslie Beyer, CEO, Energy Workforce & Technology Council
- Meg Booth, president and CEO, Performing Arts Houston
- Claudia Gee Vassar, president and general counsel, Houston Botanic Garden
- Melanie Johnson, president and CEO, Collaborative for Children
- Steven P. Lufburrow, president and CEO, Goodwill Houston
- Linda Rhodes, executive director, The Women’s Fund for Health Education and Resiliency
- Cristina Vetrano, CEO, Ronald McDonald House Houston
- Kelly Young, CEO, Career & Recovery Resources Inc.